FAMILY Termite And Environmental is committed to providing you with quality duct cleaning services. Our service technicians take special care to protect your home and perform the job in the cleanest and most efficient manner possible. Our duct cleaning procedures conform strictly to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association standards. We utilize the most advanced source removal equipment available. Call today for a free estimate for duct cleaning for your home.
WHAT IS OUR 8 POINT INSPECTION?
Our 8 Point inspection Includes:
- Main Duct
- Branch Ducts
- Vents - Supply & Return
- Fan & Blower Motor
- Dryer Vent
WHAT IS OUR CLEANING METHOD?
FAMILY Termite And Environmental uses only source removal techniques for cleaning your heating and air-conditioning system. Source removal is the term used for the process of removing contaminants from the site.
The following procedures are used to clean your system:
- Drop cloths are placed to protect flooring.
- Prior to cleaning, plastic film is placed on supply and/or return openings. Film will be removed prior to the startup of the system.
- Supply and return networks are zoned in order to be cleaned separately.
- A high-efficiency, three-stage HEPA collector with final-stage filtration at .03 microns (1/300th the diameter of a human hair) will be placed at selected points throughout the HVAC system to evacuate debris under negative pressure.
- The areas to be cleaned will be air washed, swept with forward or reversed air at 175 pounds of pressure per square inch, and power brushed and/or whipped to remove all visible dust and debris.
- All registers, grilles, and diffusers will be air washed with high-powered, compressed air.
- All registers, grilles, and diffusers will be washed, disinfected, and sanitized with an EPA-approved germicidal spray.
- All service openings made to allow access for cleaning will be sealed with reusable, airtight, sheet metal access panels with gaskets screwed to ducts. All 21/2" openings or smaller will be sealed with airtight knockout plugs.
- The furnace fan will be air washed.
- The air-handling side of the furnace will be vacuumed.
- The filter will be removed and the chamber vacuumed
WHY CLEAN YOUR AIR DUCTS?
Would you be sorry to say goodbye to the insects, rodents, dust mites, bacteria, mold, pollen, animal dander and other debris trapped in your heating and air conditioning duct system? Our customers are always amazed to discover the massive amount of dust and debris that we remove from their HVAC systems. Also, they are always glad they made the decision to have their ducts cleaned.
Most of us have seen dust collect in inaccessible places in our homes. If you forget to vacuum under your bed for a few weeks you will find large accumulations of dust. Can you imagine what you'll find in a ventilation system that hasn't been cleaned in 5, 10 or 20 years?
In addition to being unpleasant, the dirt found in heating and air conditioning ductwork is often composed of insects, rodents, duct mites, animal hair and dander, pollen, dead skin, cigarette tar, asbestos, fungi and bacteria. These contaminants can aggravate allergies, asthma, sinus conditions and headaches in sensitive people. In its 1997 booklet, "The Inside Story, A Guide to Indoor Air Quality," the EPA reports that "People with breathing problems, allergies and lung diseases are particularly susceptible to disease causing biological agents in the indoor air. Contaminated central air handling systems can become breeding grounds for mold, mildew and other sources of biological contamination and can distribute these contaminants through the building."
Although you will be guaranteed to find a massive accumulation of dirt in the ventilation systems in older homes, you will also find dust and debris in newly constructed homes. In older homes we find blanket like clumps of dust and dirt, while in newer homes we find wood particles, sawdust and other construction debris and garbage. We even find food, soda and beer cans, left by the workers in the ducts.
Many of our customers are allergy and asthma sufferers who were advised to have their ducts cleaned by their doctors. We receive positive feedback from a number of these customers, who say that the air seems lighter and cleaner since we cleaned their homes.
In addition to ridding your home of the hidden dirt in your ventilation system, cleaning your air ducts can save you money by increasing the efficiency of your heating and air conditioning system. It can also help prolong the life of your expensive HVAC components.
WHY CHOOSE FAMILY Termite And Environmental?
FAMILY Termite And Environmental strives to provide you with the highest level of service available in the industry. Our service technicians are trained to protect your home and perform the job in a clean and efficient manner. When inside your home our technicians wear booties to ensure they will not soil your carpets. To avoid leaving fingerprints on your walls, they wear surgical gloves when cleaning your vents.
When cleaning your HVAC system we are thorough and we never rush through a job. Since most of the dirt in your ventilation system is hidden, it could easily be overlooked during the cleaning process. To prevent re-contamination of your system, it is important to remove all the contaminants from the site and not just mask them with chemical sprays and deodorizers.
If you would like a free in home estimate for a duct cleaning, FAMILY Termite And Environmental representative will perform a complete inspection of your heating and air conditioning system. Phone estimates are also available.